Whether a new or well established company, you may need help in keeping up to date with the vast amount of health and safety legislation that has come onto the statue books, Akeva Safety Solutions will inform you of these changes, their effects and advise on necessary actions therefore giving you peace of mind.
The enforcement authorities and clients are making more demands on companies, contractors and suppliers to prove their competence; this is particularly evident under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
As well as helping you to comply with your legal duties under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 whereby you are required to employ competent safety advice, membership with Akeva also offers the following further benefits:
- First and foremost, experienced advice at the end of a telephone.
- A Certificate of Retention that gives you priority assistance over non-members and shows your customers, clients, supply chain etc that you have appointed a professional to provide you with competent safety advice.
- Assistance in dealing with Principal Contractors / Client Questionnaires and tender documents.
- Representation in meetings with Clients, Principal Contractors and the Statutory Undertakings (HSE, Local Authorities etc);
- The ability to call upon someone to visit sites at short notice in case of accidents / incidents with the subsequent development of an in depth report.
Having a successful Health & Safety Management System in place and access to competent safety advice can increase your commercial opportunities when tendering for new contracts. Most clients / Principal Contractors will be more willing to appoint a contractor who has these systems in place as it reduces their liabilities.
Furthermore successful Safety Management Systems will reduce the down time and additional uninsured costs that all accidents and cases of occupational ill-health bring, therefore increasing the profitability of your company whilst reducing the risk of litigation.