CITB SMSTS REFRESHER - 2 DAY COURSE (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
With the increasing changes to health and safety legislation and other continual developments in the construction industry there is a need for those who have already attended the SMSTS course to update themselves on the new requirements.
This two day course is designed to bring delegates health and safety knowledge up to date as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact on the workplace.
Who should attend the course?
This course is designed for those who have attended the five day course within the last five years and can provide proof of attendance.
The people who would benefit from this course include site managers, project managers, agents, quantity surveyors, construction directors and supervisors as well as proprietors of smaller building companies.
- To improve delegates awareness of developments in construction leglisation and health, safety and environmental issues.
- To identify measures that will assist with practical implementation of responsibilities established from the new legislation.
This industry recognised course is ideal for companies that need to meet the ever increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety management on site.
Training & Assessment Methods
The course will include tutorials, group exercises, continuous assessment and an end of course exam.
The course covers the main legislative changes since the last course as well an overview of any expected new legislation.
Subject to be covered will include:
- Safe working at height
- Plant and work equipment
- Control of noise and vibration
- Fire prevention and control
- Risk assessments
- Construction design and management
- Accident reporting, investigation, prevention and control
- Management of health on site
- Behavioural based safety
- Other topics as chosen by course delegates
6-20 delegates per course
Successful participants will receive a CITB Construction Skills Site Management Safety Training Scheme certificate which is valid for 5 years. Please note that delegates must attend both days and pass the course to qualify.
If you are in-scope and registered with CITB-ConstructionSkills you may be able to claim a grant to offset the cost please see the CITB website for full details www.cskills.org/grant.