SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Once an organisation has its health and safety policy in place it can further develop this into a safety management system. Akeva can continue to offer professional assistance to develop and implement a health and safety management system ‘tailor-made’ to your organisation.
Safety management systems can include the following:
- The aforementioned health and safety policy.
- A manual of generic risk assessments that can be used as a time saving tool.
- A management manual which includes all the forms that your organisation may need to fulfil its duties under relevant safety legislation and an aide memoir advising managers what needs to be carried out.
- A catalogue of safety talks, commonly known as 'toolbox talks'.
- The development of a training matrix tailored towards the needs of your business.
- Any other documents that your organisation needs e.g. method statements, construction phase health and safety plans etc.
Safety management systems can be developed in accordance with known systems such as the HSE’s (Health and Safety Executive’s) HSG 65 or OHSAS 18001. The systems developed by Akeva are in compliance with HSG.