SITE SUPERVISOR’S SAFETY TRAINING SCHEME (SSSTS) REFRESHER COURSE
The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor's Safety Training Scheme course and aim to bring their health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
Who should attend the course?
This course is designed for delegates that have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor's Safety Training SAcheme course, who can provide proof of successful attendance.
To ensure that all supervisors understand:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health and Safety Executive direction of enforcement.
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation and health and safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices.
At the end of the training course, delegates will be able to:
- Be aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a supervisor.
- Be aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes.
- Be more aware of their duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Training & Assessment Methods
The course will include tutorials, group and individual exercises, continuous assessment and an end of course exam.
- Current enforcement priorities
- Health and Safety Law
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Health and Safety Enforcement
- (Regulatory Reform) Fire Order
- Fire Prevention
- Occupational Health
- Respiratory risks
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Hazardous Substances
- COSHH Assessments
- Occupational Dermatitis
- COSHH Regulations / CDM Controls
- Work at Height Regulations
- Manual Handling
- Muscular Skeletal
The maximum number of delegates on each course will be 20. (Please note that the course numbers are set and regulated by the CITB).
If you are in-scope and registered with CITB-ConstructionSkills you may be able to claim a grant to offset the cost please see the CITB website for full details www.cskills.org/grant.
Successful participants will receive the CITB Construction Skills Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme certificate which is valid for 5 years.
If you would like to book a place on the SSSTS Refresher Course please contact Akeva for course availability and the booking form, on Tel: 0845 890 2511 or alternatively email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This industry recognised course is ideal for companies that need to meet the ever increasing demand for evidence that supervisors have sound understanding of health and management on site.